Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easy Baby Quilt

I made this quilt for one of the girls that works at my Starbucks. She's having a baby boy in a couple of months. This was such an easy little quilt. I used 3” x 22” strips (from a fat quarter). Then put sashing around the edges in Kona Charcoal. The backing is also solid Kona Charcoal.  For the binding I used one of the prints cut in 2” strips and made double fold binding (I don't cut on the bias). I machine quilted in a meandering pattern and attached the binding by machine. So easy, it took me about 2 hours. It finished at around 26” x 28” which works perfectly for a car seat. I liked this size because it didn't add extra bulk around my baby when he was little. It also works well if they get attached, because it won't drag the ground when they start running around.


No comments:

Post a Comment